By Wayne Gorrett
I’ve assembled a few little things that make us chuckle or think a little deeper about cars and motoring…
☀ ☀ ☀
• Before you buy your next car, count all the toddlers in your life.
That may convince you to get leather seats instead.
• Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
• Four wheels to move the body and two wheels to move the soul.
• Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead
– Mac McCleary.
• It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter them
all over the road.
• The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it
– Dudley Moore.
• A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of litres left in the tank.
• Leave sooner, drive safer, live longer.
• A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once
– and by car forever after – Peter De Vries.
• Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving
the kiss the attention it deserves – Albert Einstein.
• Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.
• A tree never hits a car except in self-defence.
• Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
• When buying a used car, touch the station pre-set buttons on the radio.
If all the stations are a blend of Radio One and Planet Rock,
it might cost you less to walk away.
• Car sickness is the feeling you get when the monthly payment is due.
• The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender,
religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside,
we ALL believe that we are above average drivers – Dave Barry.
Have another motoring-related quip? Add it below 🙂